Thursday, May 31, 2012

Work, work, work!

I work at Jack In the Box, which happens to be a west coast Fast food place. I have worked there since January 2011. Just recently (April 2012) I was promoted to Team Leader, which is a lot of work and responsibility I got put on the closing shift work 6pm to 2:30 in the morning. After 10 pm there is only two people there so its hard when one is cooking and one is taking orders. Along with taking the orders and making the food I as the shift manager have to worry about speed of service which is how fast we get the cars out. For every day part (Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night) has to be 4 mins or under, which means that every car we have to get that car out under 4 mins or 240 seconds. And with everything else I have to take temps of the grill, fryers, shake machines and on and on. Oh... and then there is BREAKS... which are a pain in my ass to do.

Anyways, I get home from work today at 3 am. Go to bed and get woke up at a text from my boss saying there is a mandatory team leader meeting at 5pm. So I'm wide awake and cant go to sleep...

Now I have to go to work an hour early for this meeting. Oh, and it already takes me 30 mins to get to work. It just frustrates me that I have to already work the 9 hours plus a total one hour drive and then i have to go in even early for a meeting... its just stupid but for now I'm done ranting about my job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment